Today we hit two of my favorite categories at once: lazy food and Tex-Mex. These extremely easy tacos involve minimal work and even less cleanup, so you can focus on what's really important in life: what to eat or drink next. We went on the lighter side with our toppings, trying regular and pineapple salsa, sliced avocado, and Cabot shredded cheddar. You could always walk on the wild side and add jalapeños, or stick with classics like lettuce or sour cream to add a little something.
Without further ado:
Total time: 1 hour
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bell peppers - red and orange look great here!
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack Taco shells - Trader Joe's or Old El Paso have great gluten free ones
- Toppings: avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Trim and cut chicken into bite sized pieces, then cut onions and peppers into long slices.
- Add peppers, onions, and chicken to foil pan along with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder. Stir to combine and add to oven for 40 minutes, shaking and rotating halfway through.
- Heat taco shells ton foil sheet in oven according to directions.
- Serve tacos with chicken and veggies with added toppings. If tacos split in half, enjoy as Mexican-style pizzas!